- 8 oz Hillacres Pride cheddar cheese (or your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup of heavy cream, light cream, 1/2 & 1/2, or milk (not low fat or skimmed)
- 3 eggs Pinch of salt
Mix the salt, eggs, and cream by hand in a bowl. Grate the block of cheese. Dump the grated cheese into the egg and cream mixture and stir until mixed. Pour it all into a very lightly buttered pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. We bake ours longer because we like it a little crusty around the edges. Take out of the oven and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
She's made this:
- with Hillacres Pride bacon on the bottom. Just fry it. Drain it. And place it on the bottom then pour the cheese mixture over top.
- with cooked zucchini and onions and mushrooms on the bottom (from the market, of course)
- with steamed broccoli & bacon on the bottom
Do you have a favorite recipe using Hillacres Pride Cheeses that you would like to share? Please email it to us. Thank you.