- 4 medium bell peppers
- 1 ½ cups Pasta Sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded Hillacres Pride Cheese
- Filling 1 lb Hillacres Pride ground beef, browned
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp salt pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato, chopped and seeded
Mix all ingredients together. I find it easiest to mix the seasonings, then mix in the ground beef. Roll into 1 inch balls (or larger if you like). Place on metal rack set on a cookie sheet. Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes-turn and bake another 10-15 minutes, until cooked through. Large meatballs will need to cook longer.
Do you have a favorite recipe using Hillacres Pride Cheeses that you would like to share? Please email it to us. Thank you.